What We Can Do For You
- We are committed to giving you the best possible service we can achieve by working together.
- You will always be treated with courtesy and respect.
- You will always be offered the treatment we believe is appropriate for you, by a suitably qualified person.
- We will strive to promote good health through advice and preventative medicine.
- We will make every effort to see you promptly. Medical emergencies will receive immediate attention and there will be a duty doctor available each day for urgent problems.
- We will offer you an appointment with a doctor within two working days whenever possible. If your own doctor is not available, we will arrange for you to see another doctor on the same day after normal surgery provided you are prepared to wait.
- We will arrange a home visit if you are too ill or infirm to attend the surgery.
- We will respect your rights of confidentiality and rights of access to medical records within the law.
- Emergency cover will be available at all times outside normal surgery opening hours by telephoning NHS Direct / The Somerset Out of Hours on 111
- We will tell you when the results of tests and X-rays are likely to be available and how to obtain them.
- We will provide information about our services in our Practice Leaflet, via our website and through our staff.
- We will try to deal at once with any problems or complaints which you bring to our attention and welcome your suggestions for improving our service to you.
- Repeat prescriptions requested Monday to Friday will normally be available after 2pm three working days after the request.
What You Can Do For Us
- You are partners in the care you receive and we ask you to accept your own responsibilities in return.
- Please treat your surgery staff with due courtesy and respect.
- If you are unclear about your treatment please ask. Try to follow any medical advice given you.
- If you need a home visit, if possible please telephone before 10.30am
- If you wish to speak to your own doctor please telephone before 10.30am to book a telephone consultation after their morning surgery.
- Only ask for urgent appointments, emergency consultations or home visits when appropriate.
- Let us know as soon as you can if you cannot keep an appointment.
- Please telephone between 2pm and 4pm to obtain the results of investigations and X-rays.
- Whenever possible please request repeat prescriptions using the slip on your prescription form or via our online service.
- Please respond promptly to any letters we may send to you.
- Be understanding when your own consultation is delayed by someone else’s unexpected emergency.
- Many illnesses can be prevented through healthy living. Ask about the Health Promotion activities on offer through the surgery.
- Screening programmes are invaluable in the early detection of certain illness. Please take advantage of them.
We draw your attention to the NHS zero tolerance policy regarding aggression or violence towards NHS staff. If a patient is violent or abusive to anyone on the premises we reserve the right to remove them from the practice’s list.